Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Two Ingredient Pumpkin Brownies

This recipe caught my eye because I'm really trying to get my toddler to eat more vegetables, and if it comes in the form of brownies, so be it.  I'll take what I can get!  An added bonus is that I can eat them, too without feeling like I'm eating pure sugar.  At least there's a hefty amount of vitamin A and fiber in there that tags along with the pumpkin.  And it's ease can't be beat.  And I had both ingredients on hand, and I suspect many other people do as well.

One thing you need to keep in mind is that these are not exactly brownies.  They are, as the title says, two ingredient pumpkin brownies; that is exactly what they taste like.  They are dense, moist and have a distinct pumpkin flavor.  But that's not to say that they aren't good; they're just different.  So don't plan to serve them as a plated dessert with homemade whipped cream or premium ice cream on top.  Your guests will be..."surprised."  The flavor isn't delicate enough to qualify as dessert.  These things are sturdy and robust.  They are brownies with attitude.  I like to eat them as a snack, like a stand in for a granola bar.  They even make a good friend for a strong cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

Here they are:

One 15 oz can pumpkin
One 19 oz size box brownie mix.

Bake in a 13 by 9 in pan at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment